April 19, 2007

Nykki at WHY

...her name is Nykki (and not Nicky / Nicki / Nikki / Niki). She gets points for unique name spelling (hearkening from CA and all) as well as fierce tatts. Power class with her this morning, her first class at WHY. I like her style, so far, although I'm still recovering from Tuesday night with the master (ribs, side abs, and triceps have been reminding me that they exist for the past day or so) - so it was a little harder than normal to be there.

One of her first comments to me was related to breath - I draw my breath in quickly and then let it go slowly. An interesting (and welcome) observation. The rest of the class was less flowy - more posture based. Abs were hard (as they were in Ana's workshop on Tuesday) and I am not sure what that is all about - I am usually wiped by abs but I can do 'em. I was literally getting a back of the brain / top of the spinal column headache during abs both Tuesday and today. Odd.

But all in all, I think I am gonna like working with her! Change! Exciting!

No comments: