April 25, 2006

Freelance Fever

All hepped up from the Writers Workshop, I spent a few hours yesterday adding a Freelance Writing section to my work website. It's a start. I also joined mediabistro.com and went looking at freelancesuccess.com (recommended by others in workshops). No serious opportunities or explorations yet, but I feel like I am doing prep work.

I also linked this blog in from the Freelance Section - which may or may not be a good thing.

I may or may not be spending two days learning about the Chyron Lyric with Duet MicroX, for my WNBA freelance gig. At this point I do not have the software; the course commences at 10:00 am, and I can envision a dozen ways (cannot get at all, cannot get in time, too large to download in time, will not install on my machines, etc) the software will not get installed in time for me to participate. We shall see.

My web host Lunarpages was having kittens yesterday - not sure if it was a server issue or an internet issue - but my domain, and those of a few of my clients, was down for a few minutes yesterday. Annoying. One client noticed and called; another was trying to update some blogs and having difficulty, but that might have just been newbie issues. Although truthfully, that never happens - which is why it was noteworthy.

No comments: