April 02, 2006

Meet the New Time...

....same as the old time.

Daylight Savings snuck up on me this spring (as it usually does). I changed the bedroom alarm clock last night before bed; and the microwave and living room clocks this morning. I'm still up disgustingly early. I was expecting a phone call from Balloon Boy (hereafter BB) to chase balloons this morning which never came. Expecting that, I went to bed early (8 pm!) so I got a lot of sleep. But no call. Which frees me up for yoga (most likely) or jazzercise (less likely) this morning.

Zippy, awake and confused about the time change, fed the dogs at 5 am which is not a good thing; I was hoping we might use the time change to recalibrate their stomachs to 6 am. Grrr....

Saturday was pretty quiet - I exercised, then we went to various stores (stop n' shop, home depot, appletree) and stocked up on stuff. We did a bunch of yard work (raked, cleaned up sticks and branches) and I am hoping to do some bush trimming and garden pruning today. I had a small hissy fit related to an old wooden push broom with a handle that would not stay afixed (so we got a new one at home depot). We also watched a small TV movie called The Mighty which was pretty cute. Bit of a heartstring tugging story of two outcast kids, with lots of talent in the adult roles. (Gena Rowlands, Harry Dean Stanton, Sharon Stone, James Gandolfini, Gillian Anderson, Meatloaf)

Reminded me a little of The Fisher King (adult outcasts and imagined knights) but also of John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany - Freak and Owen seemed to share the same illness, and were simialrly gifted. Or something. It was a cute and well made movie, and we were both wiping tears away at the end. Based on a novel by Rodman Philbrick (who has a really well designed website), its a good afternooon watch, especially if you are/were an outcast as a kid. Thinking of picking it up for Zippy, who loves all books and especially kids books....

No comments: