May 18, 2006

GOOD BUY: Low Rates Guaranteed


I booked my hotel for the past trip through Yahoo Travel / Travelocity. I used the GOOD BUY: Low Rates Guaranteed feature - and got a $79.99 (plus tax) rate.

When I got to the hotel, I handed over a credit card for incidentals. I noticed via my online credit card account that I had been billed for the room again. This is not altogether unheard of; I'm always on the lookout for it. I tried to get it cleared upon checking out but the 5:30 am desk clerk was not able to do that - and suggested I follow-up with the manager via fax once I got home. I do not expect an issue....

HOWEVER, the rate I was double charged (as a walk-in) was $63.99 a night - a full $14 a night less than Yahoo Travel's LOW RATE GUARANTEED. Some Good Buy....

So I called (and faxed) Yahoo Travel to see what the Guarantee really means, and will report what if anything, they come back with here.....

In the future, I think I'll just call the hotel directly. Heh. Live and learn.

No comments: