May 31, 2006

It's better to run to Toronto....

...darned if I know where that lyric is from; I seem to recall Grouch Marx singing this line on some recording or another. I'll research it.....

Arrived in country yesterday; Canadian customs was pretty chill, I ended up driving the last few hours of the journey, across the border. Exciting. We stopped by the client site yesterday for a quick walk-through; then off to the hotel and dinner.

Staying at a lovely Holiday Inn Select in Oakville. My "deluxe" room has a jacuzzi, which I doubt I will exercise unless today is particularly tough (not likely). Surprised to check in without presenting ID; George W Bush's Amerika must be rubbing off on me; I've gotten completely immune to the fact that we present ID at hotel check-in in the states.

We went out to dinner last night; my client has been to Toronto before and knew of a few places (which were closed or moved) but the last choice, Botanika down on Church street, was open and the meal was fabulous. Yum. So a little extra driving paid off in spades.

This morning, I actually unrolled my yoga mat and went through 30 minutes of postures - it was the first time I had really practiced solo. Fired up some Enya on the laptop, and I really got into it. Not a lot of formal, disciplined moves - some 1/2 suns, some Sun A's, some sun B's, a handful of lunge postures, some ab work, some backbends. But it was yoga - I mean, I was into it, I got into a flow, I had a nice small savasana. I even had little yoga smile going; as I was hearing the voices of my teachers in my head as I went through flow or held postures.

It was a treat to do that and realize I could get the yoga vibe going on my own. I need to dig up a few guided practices (audio only is fine) for the future....

Work today is mainly / mostly set-up - the meeting / broadcast is tomorrow. I do not get back until LATE tomorrow night.

My friend Dr. B just emailed; she is gonna be in Boston (long story, cancelled conference, visiting a friend) and so I might try to sneak up there over the weekend; but I have to work the Sun game on Saturday - so it might be hard to work it in....

Edit: Toronto Song, author still unknown, but I recall it from an album called An Evening with Groucho that I had as a child....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say hello to the Good Dr. for me, as well.