October 22, 2007

Monday Air Travel Sucks

Just saying. While Southwest was not all that chaotic, the security line was backed up all along the front of the terminal. Thankfully, it moved pretty quickly (all I could think of was walking meditation.....) and I am on the gate side with time to spare for some breakfast and blogging.

I am headed to Ft. Myers FL via Orlando, thanks to the folks at Southwest. I forgot to check in last night so I got boarding group C all the way. Lovely.

I did not get much done last night - have an overdue trip report to crank out - but I think I am headed down to with most of my life intact. I had to toss a tube of lotion / sunscreen (4 oz) that I forgot to leave in the car, and I forgot my MP3 player (in the car) but other than that - things are cool.

Heading back home on Tuesday evening.....I brought my mat and yoga duds (doh! forgot my strap) so maybe I will have some time to throw down some postures while I am in Florida....

2 comments:

Terrence McCarthy said...

Have a great time in Fort Myers, one of our favorite places ( Fort Myers Beach, actually. ) Terrific honky tonk atmosphere. Reminds me of the way Myrtle Beach was eons ago. And ya can ride your bike on the beach!

Jude said...

Thanks...on the good side, I found an older couple on the flight from BDL to Orlando - she had a bum knee and wanted the aisle, he took the center seat. So I got a window seat even with the dreaded "C" boarding pass.

Bonus #1: They were also connecting to Ft. Myers. So I got my window seat (with them) the whole way

Bonus #2: They are snowbirds of sort, spend the summers in Southington, and know my balloon buddy very well. In fact I ended up with a "hi" and a message for him from them.....