October 02, 2007

To the bald dude in Section 325, Row J

Uhm, not sure why you kept looking back to your buds in Row M to see when you should stand up and when you should sit down. But you shoulda sat down more. Just saying.

Other than that, the Springsteen concert rocked. Even from the back of the house.

The set list for last nights show is here - songs from the new CD in italics

Radio Nowhere
The Ties That Bind
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe - had a real bluesy / Leon Redbone feel and riff
Night - Complete and pleasant surprise to the die-hards
She's The One - Great to hear this one too....
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Town Called Heartbreak - Duet with Patti
Darkness on the edge of town
Darlington County
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
-
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack - A long fabled singalongthat I had never heard
Born To Run - House Lights up full!
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
American Land - A rip-roaring Irish singalong, complete with Danny and Roy on Accordians

One of the shorter concerts I had seen - the show time was officially 8 pm, they got rolling around 8:30, and I was back home by 11:30, including hanging out in the arena waiting for the halls to clear, walking back to the car, and small traffic in the parking lot and roads. But long enough for these aged bones and ears. I liek the new songs, and will get the new album post-haste; I have a trip to PA coming up which should give me an opportunity to listen to it a few times.

Springsteen is one of the things I've sort of put down for a bunch of years - I remember the Lucky Town / Human Touch / not working with the E Street Band tour (I must have seen that tour......I remember commenting on the band) but the subsequent years have been a blur - I own Tom Joad, The Rising, and Devils and Dust, but not Tracks nor the Seeger Sessions.

I need to fill out my collection, I need to dump Bruce into the MP3 player.

1 comment:

Terry McCarthy said...

We were at the iron Horse in Northampton. Our table in that fire trap of a NoHo club was on the 2nd floor. There to see the Cowboy Junkies. I'd just landed a job as a counselor on a locked unit in Springfield. Nursing staff was crazy about The Junkies. So we went. The band came out and there was Margo Timmons. Gawd! I thought. Rock and roll has come a long, long way from Leslie Gore.

The place was packed. People were sitting on the stairs. Long story short. Some guy was standing on the stairs, blocking my view of the knock out Margo Timmons. I had a talk with him. He sat down.

And. We wondered how long the show would last. We saw Bruce in Hartford back in 85. That show lasted for three and a half days. Or so it seemed. You were home by 11:30 pm?

Bruce is pushing 60. That's not an excuse. He, like me, is getting up there. We like to get home. There's a darkness on the edge of town, and we want to get past that. Before the sun sets in the west.